Canada Day ~ Oakville Event
Monday, July 1, 2019
6:00 pm – 10:00 pm
Join us for an evening celebration starting at 6 p.m., with the fireworks show at 10 p.m. (weather permitting).
Bring a blanket or lawn chair and get to the park early to ensure a great seat for the fireworks over the water.
Family activities, music and food trucks will start in the park at 6 p.m.
Road closures and parking restrictions will be in effect before and during the event.
Town facility holiday closures and bus schedules will be in effect.
- Ride your bike! Free bike parking corral on site.
- Bring sunscreen, a blanket and refillable water bottle for use at our free water stations.
- Pack a picnic dinner and snacks or purchase food from the food trucks. ATM available on site.
- We are committed to providing smoke-free outdoor spaces where kids play.
- We encourage visitors to leave pets at home.
- There is no parking on site. On-street parking is extremely limited.
- Take the shuttle from Bronte GO.
Avoid traffic, take the shuttle!
Take the Oakville Transit shuttle to and from Bronte GO station to Oakville’s Canada Day celebration at Bronte Heritage Waterfront Park.
Pay-one-way shuttle service will start from Bronte GO station at 5:30 p.m. on July 1.
- Busses will depart Bronte GO station for the park approximately every 10 minutes. The last shuttle departs for the park at 9:30 p.m.
- Shuttle service from Bronte GO station to the park is $4 per person cash (exact change), regardless of age. Presto cards are also accepted at the applicable rate.
- Shuttle service leaving the park after the fireworks is free for all riders.
- All shuttles are accessible, wheelchair and stroller friendly.
Reminder – Oakville Transit is providing regular Sunday service on July 1, from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Plan accordingly if you take regular transit service to the event, arrive at the park early for music, food trucks and family activities.
If you have taken regular Oakville Transit service to the event, board the shuttle buses at the park after the fireworks. Buses will be divided into zones at Bronte GO station to drop you off at the nearest bus stop or intersection along a bus route.